Home / T&C's
Terms & Conditions
3. Text & Advertising by 1st Taxi. When Booking from a Mobile Phone by Calling, Booking Form or Mobile App, You the Customer will Receive a Booking Confirmation Text, a Driver on Route Text, A Vehicle Arrival Text. When Entering Vehicle You may receive 1 Advertisement text through 1st Taxi. If you do not wish to receive text from 1st Taxi, you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by Mail to D9 Dumbarton Court, Glasgow Airport. Paisley. PA3 2TJ
Complaints Handling Policy
All taxi drivers and taxi and private hire companies Licensed in Scotland are licensed by their Local Councils. It is important to us that every taxi driver is a fit and proper person to be driving members of the public in their vehicle.
If complaints are made against a taxi driver by a customer then we will examine the complaint to establish whether it is justifiable. If it is justified and may indicate that the driver is not a fit and proper person then the complaint will be heard by The Local Council of which the driver is licensed.
If you have a complaint which you think means that a taxi driver is not a fit and proper person then please follow the procedure below.
In the first instance you can:
• Phone us on 0141 942 4555 and our Customer Services Advisor will take a note of your contact details and a member of our management team will call you back.
• Call in to our offices where a staff member will record your complaint and follow it up with a member of our management team.
• Write to The Local Council Licensing Committee of which the driver is licensed.
To progress the complaint it will be helpful if you have the license number of the taxi or the name of the driver, details of the incident and the names and contact details of any witnesses.
There are some incidents that may also be against the law. For example racist behaviour or comments and any form of harassment. If you feel that what has happened to you constitutes unlawful discrimination or harassment then you should also report this to the police.
Our commitment to you:
• We will keep your details confidential where possible
• We guarantee to tell you what is going on in 5 working days including the reasons for any delay.
• We aim to give you a full reply in 20 working days
• If we cannot keep to this timetable we will let you know the reason why and advise you of the date by which we will let you have a full reply
• We guarantee to provide a written explanation of the outcome of your complaint
• If you are not satisfied with the outcome, we will refer your complaint The Local Council Licensing Committee.